Who is Pliny The Younger? Why does that name sound familiar? Who cares about him? Why is he called "The Younger, how old is he like twelve? These are the questions I've set out to answer this term. Overall, I would like to gain a fuller knowledge about Pliny as a writer. My goal is to find out why he wrote the way he did, what influenced him as a writer, and how does he influence writers in present day. So far, I've read an article on Pliny The Younger in the "Ancient Writers" textbook. A link to the outline I wrote on this article will be below. Also, I have wrote an article summary on a JSTOR article called "Pliny The Younger, Conformist." A link for that article and its summary will also be listed below. Looking forward I have found a new JSTOR article called "The Elder and Younger Pliny on Emperor Worship". For tonight, I will have read this article and a brief summary will be posted to follow.
Ancient Writers Outline:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e1ZU9bF3L9PCSDuvlaM74z0qMGZx94wqfo5z2AsC3WE/edit?usp=sharing
Pliny The Conformist Summary:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_8Jv51Vqf56Zc74xkZ8UZQDV2PwiApS5yBMJ4NxBahU/edit?usp=sharing
No comments:
Post a Comment